Organic Yacon Syrup
What is yacon syrup?
Yacon or yacón is a 100% Andean plant. Its original habitat is the highlands of the Peruvian Andes, between 1800 and 2800 m, in mountainous temperate climates. Yacon is one of 21 species belonging to the genus Smallanthus. It was probably domesticated in the humid regions of Peru and Bolivia from about 1200 BC.
Today many scientific studies can prove its effectiveness, by which it achieves its effect without producing any alteration in the body. This root is high in Fructooligosacáridos1 Inulin (FOS), which cannot be assimilated by the human body because it lacks the necessary enzymes for metabolism, thus providing a lower level of calories compared with sucrose, being an excellent choice for low-calorie diets and for diabetics.
What are the benefits of yacon syrup?
These are the main yacon syrup benefits:
- It acts as a sugar substitute. Helps control glucose by low glycemic index. A food with low glycemic index (for example, oatmeal) is slowly absorbed so glucose does not rise sharply. On the other hand, one with high glycemic index (for example, white flour) is rapidly absorbed and therefore alters blood glucose.
- It promotes digestion due to the high content of prebiotics. Unlike honey where the source of carbohydrates is fructose and glucose, in the yacon syrup is inulin, a vegetable fiber that works as a prebiotic, food for intestinal bacteria that maintain good health and functioning of the digestive system.
- It helps reduce cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
- It helps maintain a healthy weight by avoiding increased insulin in the blood.
Use: It is recommended to consume a teaspoon (5 ml) 3 times a day.
Scientific name: Smallanthus sonchifolius
Composition: 100% organic yacon syrup
Storage: Once open, consume content within 30 days. Keep in a fresh and dry place at a temperature below 30° C. Protect from light.
– Organic NOP, EU and JAS
– DIGESA Peruvian Ministry of Health
Warning: The effects of this product is backed by empirical experience of ancient traditional medicines, with excellent results and the absence of harmful side effects if given within the correct dose. The information listed here is by no means an ordinance or a prescription, likewise, the use of these natural products does not replace a medical consultation.
If you are an yacon importer, do you want to be our distributor?
There are no reviews yet.