Camu Camu Powder 150 g 5.2 oz – Amazon Andes
The camu camu powder can be used in juices, nectars, yogurts, jellies, and non-alcoholic beverages. It is rich in ascorbic acid or natural vitamin C. Camu camu dehydrated powder can be used to make capsules, tablets, or to enhance sports drinks, nutraceuticals, and Citrus Punch.
It is a great food supplement and antioxidant, it helps improve the immune system. Its consumption is especially important in children, also for pregnant and lactating women and in older adults, it helps to complement the diet with good amounts of vitamin C.
Benefits and properties of camu camu powder
This fruit stands out for its high component of vitamin C, more than orange, the fruit best known for this value, and more than other foods also rich in vitamin C such as lemon, kiwi, guava, broccoli, red pepper or Brussels sprouts.
But its properties don’t end here. It offers minerals such as manganese, iron, calcium and copper. It has 0 calories and is good in fiber. In addition, it is high in flavonoids, essential amino acids for the body, as well as serine, valine and leucine.
All these characteristics make it to be considered a superfood, and its consumption translates into multiple health benefits:
– It strengthens defenses by providing antioxidants, so it prevents the flu and other related problems.
– Vitamin C also offers an anti-inflammatory effect and improves tissue development, which results in good healing.
– Its amino acid component helps growth, tissue repair and recovery of the muscular system after exercises.
– It contributes to improving mood and raising the production of serotonin in the body, known as the happiness hormone.
– In the same way, it gives us more energy.
– It helps the digestive system and protects the liver.
– In recent research carried out by the University of San Ignacio de Loyola, foods high in vitamin C such as camu camu and aguaje have been used to try to prevent neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
* Use: It is recommended to consume 5 g of powder (one tablespoon) in juices or smoothies, during the day.
* Origin: In Peru this fruit is found on the banks of the valleys of Ucayali, Marañón, Napo, Tigre, Curaray, Yavarí and Tahuayo.
* Scientific name: Myrciaria Dubia
* Composition: whole camu camu powder (seeds, peel and pulp)
Organic certificate USDA NOP, and EU
DIGESA health registration N7408215N/NKAAAD
* Contraindications: Not recommended during pregnancy.
* Warning: This product has no contraindications, nor have we found reports of possible interactions with the use of medications. The information indicated on this page does not constitute in any way an ordinance or a medical prescription, likewise, the use of these natural products does not exempt from a medical consultation.