Red maca powder 200 g – 7 oz – Amazon Andes
Red maca root powder contains an impressive collection of bio-active compounds, which are responsible for its numerous benefits including glucosinolates, alkaloids, and sterols. It also has a high nutritional value because it contains proteins (10 – 14 %).
What is maca?
Maca is a tuber from the central Andean area, which is grown mainly in Peru, since the reign of the Incas. Its use in food is millenary, but its great benefits have recently become popular, through scientific studies that have identified its many components and proven the incredible positive effects it has on human health.
In Peru there are up to thirteen varieties of maca, being the three most common: the black maca, the red maca and the yellow maca.
Maca properties are mainly related to reproductive health. In addition, it has been proven effective in other sexual health and hormonal production issues. For example, maca, as well as aguaje (Amazonian fruit), reduces menopausal and postmenopausal symptoms or conditions, absence of menstrual period, sexual desires, among others. In other words, many of the benefits directly affect women.
Benefits of red maca
What are the benefits of red maca? Red maca has a set of properties that make it a nutritional food.
These are its benefits:
- It acts as an anti-inflammatory: According to studies, red maca reverses the growth of the prostate, without affecting the production of testosterone and maintains the function of the seminal gallbladder.
- Strengthens bones: Red maca can be considered as an alternative and natural treatment for osteoporosis and overall for estrogen deficiency in women. It is more accessible and does not generate adverse effects.
- It slows down aging: This tuber has properties that slow down the aging processes in people.
Visit our video and learn more about this incredible andean superfood
* Use: It is recommended to consume 5 – 10 g of gelatinized red maca (1 – 2 tablespoons) in juice or water during the day, accompanying food.
* Scientific name: Lepidium Meyenii, Walp
* Part used: sun-dried roots red maca
* Origin: Junín, Peru
USDA-NOP, USCOEA, JAS and EU Organic Certificate
DIGESA Sanitary Registry N8004419N/NKAAAD
* Contraindications: Not recommended during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
* Warning: This product has no contraindications, nor have we found reports of possible interactions with the use of medications. The information indicated on this page does not constitute in any way an ordinance or a medical prescription, likewise, the use of these natural products does not exempt from a medical consultation.
A. Desbien –
Just started using it. Mixes easily.
Amazon Andes –
Thanks for your commentary!