Organic Cacao Powder (200 g – 7 oz) – Amazon Andes
Cacao powder provides vitality, antioxidants and is a dietary fiber rich in protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats, therefore it is an excellent source of energy and also an excellent source of minerals such as magnesium, iron, copper and calcium. Do you want to know more about this superfood? Continue reading!
Cacao powder properties
Nutritionally, cacao powder is a very caloric food with protein input, low carbon carbohydrates and a quantity of fat that depends on the preparation and that is partly saturated. It provides vitamin B, vitamin A and vitamin E. The contribution of minerals is varied being sources of potassium, phosphorus, iron, sodium, magnesium, calcium, copper, manganese, zinc, and selenium.
Cacao powder benefits
Cacao powder contains more than 30 antioxidant substances such as flavonoids (quercetin, rutin, and catechin), acids (caffeic acid, vitamin C or ascorbic acid, ferulic acid), caffeine, vitexin, etc.
All these components make it one of the most antioxidant foods that exists protecting the cell from naturally aging damage, but the cell can also be damaged by triggering tumor processes.
Cacao contains stimulant alkaloids similar to coffee or tea. For example, theobromine stimulates the nervous system although it has less concentration than coffee. That’s why cacao drinks are used for breakfast
Cacao contains phenylethylamine which produces euphoria and well-being. It has a similar effect to amphetamines. That is why it has always been said that chocolate is an antidepressant since its consumption makes you feel some happiness.
Its contribution of minerals prevents anemia, strengthens the immune system, memory, and muscles and bones.
It is used in massages, hygiene products, anti-aging, anti-cellulite creams, and treatment of spots on the skin. There are homemade recipes to prepare masks and other cosmetics with cacao powder.
Read here more about cacao
* Origin: Junin, Peru
* Scientific name: Theobroma cacao L
* Composition: 100% organic cacao powder
* Use: It is recommended to consume 15 g of organic cacao powder (one tablespoon), in juices or smoothies.
* Contraindications: Not recommended during pregnancy and lactation.
Organic USDA NOP, EU and JAS
DIGESA of the Ministry of Health of Peru G9600216N/NAAAAD
* Warning: This product has no contraindications, nor have we found reports of possible interactions with the use of medications. The information indicated on this page does not constitute in any way an ordinance or a medical prescription, likewise, the use of these natural products does not exempt from a medical consultation.