Dragon’s Blood Resin 30 ml (1.02 oz.) – Amazon Andes
Sangre de Grado, also called Sangre de Drago or Dragon’s Blood, is a natural resin with antioxidant and healing action. It originates from the resin extracted from the bark of the Dragon’s blood tree and stands out for being a powerful natural healing agent and for its anti-inflammatory effect.
Traditionally, this resin is used to speed up the healing of slow-healing wounds. Researchers from all over the world have studied and confirmed the properties discovered centuries ago by the native peoples of the Amazon.
Benefits of Dragon’s blood
1. Highly healing effect
Studies at Cayetano Heredia University in Peru found the active ingredient of Dragon’s blood. Its name is Taspina and acts by stimulating the displacement of fibroblasts (a type of cell that plays a fundamental role in healing) to the wound site.
2. Antioxidant effect
Scientists from countries such as Italy and Brazil demonstrated its antioxidant capacity and inhibits some harmful effects of oxidation in tissues. Currently, the imbalance of antioxidant mechanisms is considered as one of those responsible for several pathological processes of the skin such as certain inflammations and premature aging.
3. Antimicrobial, antifungal and anti-acne effect
Researchers from the University of Barcelona, in collaboration with researchers from the University of Buenos Aires, studied how the antioxidant property of Dragon’s blood intervenes in the modulation of the immune system. They observed that some resin compounds act by stimulating “phagocytic cells”, while others act by inhibiting them.
These cells are responsible for intercepting those microorganisms that get through the first defense barrier as is the skin and give an alarm signal to the immune system about a potential attack.
Another of the clinical observations and traditional uses scientifically proven is in the treatment of acne. Researchers from Brazil also demonstrated in a controlled clinical study that the essential oil extracted from the resin is effective in reducing the affected skin surface in people with acne.
* Scientific name: Croton lechneri
* Origin: Iquitos, Peru
* Use: Dilute 3 drops of latex in a large glass of water (Important: maximum 3 drops). Take on an empty stomach.
* Contraindications: Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes. Do not exceed the recommended dose as it could cause constipation.
* Warning: This product has no contraindications, nor have we found reports of possible interactions with the use of medications. The information indicated on this page does not constitute in any way an ordinance or a medical prescription, likewise, the use of these natural products does not exempt from a medical consultation.