Copaiba oil resin 30 ml (1.02 oz.) – Amazon Andes
Copaiba oil is a natural resin with antioxidant, healing and anti-inflammatory action. Copaiba trees naturally produce copaiba resin. This is extracted from the tree by drilling a hole in the trunk, then a pipe is inserted into the bark, allowing the resin to flow out.
Copaifera officinalis is a tree of Amazonian origin, belonging to the Fabaceae family. This tree can measure up to 100 feet in height and produces yellow flowers and reddish fruits. Due to its various medicinal properties, it has been used throughout years as a natural remedy to combat ailments such as rhinitis, bronchitis, cough and flu.
Among the innumerable natural medicinal products that the native populations of the Amazon have always used, copaiba oil resin is, according to Spanish and Portuguese chroniclers from the beginning of the colony, the most important of them.
The main components of copaiba oil are:
- Copaeno o α-Copaeno
- Cadineno o δ-Cadineno
Benefits of copaiba oil resin
Copaiba oil is rich in sesquiterpenes such as beta-caryophyllene and beta-bisabolene, which are the active substances responsible for their healing, antiseptic, antibacterial, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, analgesic, antirheumatic, and antidiarrheal properties.
Copaiba oil can be used to combat sexually transmitted infections, mainly genital herpes and syphilis. Some studies indicate that copaiba oil may have properties that could help in the treatment of some types of abnormal cells. However, more studies are still needed to confirm these properties.
On the other hand, this oil has moisturizing properties for the skin and an anti-wrinkle and rejuvenating effect, highly recommended for dry skin. It shows an excellent inhibitory effect of melanogenesis, the ability to promote collagen synthesis.
Finally, it helps varicose veins and hemorrhoids. Being applied in a circular form and massaging the affected skin can provide relief for varicose veins through its healing and regenerative properties for the skin. Furthermore, it can be used in sitting baths (dissolved in water) to fight hemorrhoids.
* Composition: 100% pure copaiba oil resin
* Scientific name: Copaifera officinalis
* Origin: Pucallpa, Peru
* Usage: Apply 2 to 4 drops directly to the skin. Massage with cotton soaked in oil. No need to dilute, except for those with very sensitive skin.
* Contraindications: Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
* Warning: This product has no contraindications, nor have we found reports of possible interactions with the use of medications. The information indicated on this page does not constitute in any way an ordinance or a medical prescription, likewise, the use of these natural products does not exempt from a medical consultation.